Acronym for FREE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE. (FOSS) programs are those that have licenses that allow users to freely run the program for any purpose, modify the program as they want, and also to freely distribute copies of either the original version or their own modified version.
The FOSS-Cloud is a Software, which enables you, to build your own Privat- or your Public-Cloud!
The FOSS-Cloud (FOSS-Cloud software and hardware) is an integrated and redundant server infrastructure to provide cloud services, Windows or Linux based SaaS-, Terminal Server-, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) or virtual server environments. It makes virtual machines available, which can be accessed from internally as well as from the Internet. FOSS-Cloud covers all of the aspects of an Open Source IT environment. The FOSS-Cloud is the most advanced Open Source Cloud. There is a natural synergy between free open source software and cloud computing.FOSS-Cloud is a pure Open Source solution, it is licensed under the EUPL and is available on the sourceforge.net.
Its features are mainly
- Full integration into existing Windows and Linux environments
- Cloud for server- and desktop virtualization
- Powerfull virtualization for Windows and Linux 32/64bit
- Published Desktop
- Persistent virtual machines including session transfer to other devices
- Dynamic desktop with Golden Image to serve user groups
- Application streaming
- Published application support with RDS
- Video streaming