Online Book Store
Usability testing is a technique used in user center interaction design to evaluate a product by testing it on users.
Registering information of a customer to the database (ID, password, name, address, phone number, email etc)
- Move to the webpage for customer.
- Check whether the menu for registration exists or not.
- Check whether the menu for registration is linked correctly.
- Check whether the customer be able to register successfully.
Searching books by author name,title
- Check whether the menu for simple search exists or not.
- Check whether the customer be able to search books by title successfully.
- Check whether the customer be able to search books by author successfully.
Ordering a book by registered customer.
- Check whether the menu for ordering a book exists or not.
- Check whether the menu for ordering a book is linked correctly.
- Check whether the administrator be able to order a book successfully.
It is the characteristics of design which determines the probability that a failed system can be restored to its normal operable state within a given timeframe.
Restoring system to its last best known configuration.
- Check whether there is back up database.
- As soon as system fails adminstator should be informed.
- No data should be lost.
It is a non-functional software testing. It deals with whether developed application runs on all avaialble platform or not.
Checking application on different platform (hardware,o.s,browser,network)
- Hardware : checks software to be compatible with different hardware configurations .
- Operating Systems: It checks your software to be compatible with different Operating Systems like Windows , Unix , Mac OS etc.
- Software: checks developed software to be compatible with other software’s.
- Network: Evaluation of performance of system In network with varying parameters such as Bandwidth, Operating speed, Capacity. Also checks application in different networks with all parameters mentioned.
- Browser: checks compatibility of website with different browsers like Firefox , Google Chrome , Internet Explorer etc.
1) ISO 9001 Clauses
The important issue here is that people must have the information they need to do their job. The QMS must include quality policy, quality objectives, quality manual, documented procedures, documents to ensure the effective planning, operation and control of its processes, and records. All documents are required to be controlled. Also required is the control of records, i.e. identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of records.
Specifically identifies the responsibility of top management and the need for effective leadership
Top management shall ensure that customer requirements are determined and are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction
Top management shall ensure that the planning of the QMS is carried out in order to meet the requirements of the standard as well as the quality objectives. The integrity of the QMS is maintained when changes to the QMS are planned and implemented
ISO 9126 Clauses
ISO/IEC 9126 enables software product quality to be specified and evaluated from
different perspectives by those associated with acquisition, requirements, development, use,
evaluation, support, maintenance, quality assurance and audit of software
• validate the completeness of a requirements definition;
• identify software requirements;
• identify software design objectives;
• identify software testing objectives;
• identify quality assurance criteria;
• identify acceptance criteria for a completed software product.
• a framework for software product quality definition in the customer-supplier process;
• support for review, verification and validation, and a framework for quantitative quality
evaluation, in the support process;
• support for setting organizational quality goals in the management process.
• a framework for software product quality requirements definition in the primary lifecycle process;
• support for review, verification and validation in supporting lifecycle processes.
• support for setting quality goals;
• support for design review, verification and validation .
The traditional SCM identifies four procedures that must be defined for each software project to ensure a good SCM process is implemented. They are
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration Authentication